The Mad River Valley Community Calendar is The Valley’s most comprehensive events calendar. All are invited to submit their event here:
The DRB meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month, 7:00 PM, at the Waitsfield Town Office. Members are urged to let staff know as early as possible if they will be unable to attend a scheduled meeting so arrangements can be made to ensure a quorum.
The Waitsfield Development Review Board was established in 2007 by a resolution that transferred the development review functions of both the Planning Commission and the former Zoning Board of Adjustment to the new DRB. The DRB’s responsibilities are laid out in both the Vermont State Statutes, the Waitsfield Zoning Bylaws, and the Waitsfield Subdivision Regulations.
The DRB performs an important and difficult job, which is carried out by volunteers appointed by the Selectboard. It is through this review of individual applications that the community’s vision, goals, policies, and priorities–as expressed in the Waitsfield Town Plan and codified in our development regulations–are implemented. At the same time, DRB members and others participating in the process must respect due process, the rights of applicants, and the rights of the public to participate.
The DRB has the following duties (see 24 V.S.A. Section 4460):
(1) Review of right-of-way or easement for land development without frontage as authorized in 24 V.S.A. 4412(3); (2) Review of land development or use within an historic district or with respect to historic landmarks as authorized in 24 V.S.A. 4414(1)(F)
(3) Review of land development or use within a design control district as authorized in 24 V.S. A. 4414(1)(E);
(4) Review of proposed conditional uses as authorized in 24 V.S. A. 4414(3);
(5) Review of planned unit developments as authorized in 24 V.S.A. 4417;
(6) Review of requests for waivers as authorized in 24 V.S.A. 4414(9);
(7) Site plan review as authorized in 24 V.S.A. 4416;
(8) Review of proposed subdivisions as authorized in 24 V.S.A. 4418;
(9) Review of wireless telecommunications facilities as authorized in 24 V.S.A. 4414(12);
(10) Appeals from a decision of the administrative officer pursuant to 24 V.S.A. 4465;
(11) Review of requests for variances pursuant to 24 V.S.A. 4469; and
(12) Any other reviews required by the bylaws.